Woolworths Supermarket Announces HUGE ‘Bag For Good’ Price Cut
Woolworths Supermarkets have announced a huge change to their iconic green “Bag For Good” reusable bags.
The retail giant has slashed the price of popular shopping bags by nearly 50%.
A Woolworths spokesperson has confirmed the bags have been reduced from 99c to just 50c as Christmas approaches, and will remain at the new low price until January 11, 2022.
Woolworths hopes the lower prices will help save customers money as the holiday season approaches.
“The majority of our customers bring their own reusable bags when shopping,” the spokesperson said.
“We have lowered the price of our Bag for Good as Christmas approaches to make it easier for customers to stock up on reusable bags during the busiest time of year for shopping.
“These sturdy bags are useful during the holiday season, not only for Christmas department stores, but also for picnics and carrying supplies for family celebrations that we hope to enjoy this year.”
Woolworths Supermarket’s Bag For Good is a customer favorite thanks to the store’s replacement policy, which can be found on the front of the bags.
The policy states that the bags, which are designed to be used over and over again, can be replaced for free in any Woolworths store if it is damaged, no matter when it was purchased.
200 reduced items
The bags are just one of 200 items Woolworths has cut back ahead of Christmas. Many purchases of meat, parties and baked goods have been cut back as Australians head into the holiday season. Discounts include:
- Porchetta Woolworths roast, down from $ 22 to $ 18
- Woolworths 6pk Fruit Mince Pies, down from $ 4 to $ 3.80
- Nine Wiltshire Easy Bake molds and plates have been discounted, with savings of up to $ 3.60 on select items.
- Sistema Klip It Plus container (4pk – 2×1, 2×2.2l), down from $ 18 to $ 13
- Variety of cheeses, including Mon Ami 240g French Brie servings, down from $ 7.50 to $ 6.50
- Tassal cold smoked salmon 150g, down from $ 10.25 to $ 9
- Arnotts cookies and crackers, savings up to 70c
- Lindt 123g – 125g pouches, down from $ 8 to $ 6
- 10pk Armada Paper Bowls, down from $ 3 to $ 2.50
- Macro cooking ingredients, savings up to $ 3.00
“It’s been another tough year, so to help customers continue to get great value throughout Christmas, we’re excited to drop the prices of over 200 products in-store and online,” said James Hepworth, Managing Director of Woolworths Supermarkets, Everyday Needs.
“The price cuts cover a range of food and groceries ideal for warm-weather entertainment.
“Many customers start planning their Christmas shops months in advance, giving them plenty of time to save on their spring picnics, Christmas parties and New Year’s celebrations.”
A full list of all the products that have fallen in price can be found here.
7NEWS.com.au has not received any monetary benefit for this content.