New Delhi | Jagran Business Office: Aadhaar cards are extremely important as they act as the unique identity of Indian citizens and are provided by the Indian government. This ID card consists of 12 digits which is a unique identification number. Cards are important to benefit from all the services of banks, public-private financial institutions and other civic institutes.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is responsible for providing these Aadhaar cards to Indian citizens. However, this authority has now launched separate Aadhaar cards for children under 5 years old. A “Blue Aadhaar Card” is provided to children and unlike the regular Aadhaar Card, it will be marked as invalid once the child reaches 5 years of age. .
Here we have brought you all the information you need to get an Aadhaar Blue Card for your child:
How do I get a Blue-Aadhaar card? The step-by-step process here:
-Visit the Aadhaar Card Registration Center with your child and all necessary documents. Complete the application form to register.
– Parents of the child will need to provide their Aadhaar cards which will be linked to the UID of the child
– In addition, the parents will have to provide a phone number for the issuance of an Aadhaar blue card for the child.
– A photo of the child will be requested which will be clicked at the registration center itself.
-After verifying the documents, the parents of the child will receive an SMS confirming the same.
– The Blue Aadhaar card will be issued for the child within 60 days of the completion of the verification.
For more details about the Blue Aadhaar Card, you can visit the official website of UIDAI.
Important facts about the Blue Aadhaar Card:
-To benefit from the ‘Baal Aadhar Card’, the parents of the child will have to fill in an application form and register. After registration, supporting documents such as proof of identity, proof of address and the child’s date of birth will be required.
– Blue Aadhaar will not contain biometric information about the child, unlike regular information.
-After the child reaches the age of 5, he will need an update in his Aadhaar with the compulsory biometrics of the child.
– According to UIDAI, this blue Baal Aadhaar card for kids can be used as an ID card for toddlers to enroll in school. Moreover, as a valid document proof of the child, parents can even use a birth certificate or a hospital discharge voucher.