Baal Aadhar Map Update: Parents who want to apply for the Aadhaar card for their children under five, here is an update for you. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), which issues Aadhar cards, recently made major changes in the application process for Baal Aadhar card. Parents can now apply for their child’s Aadhar card by providing the certificate or slip from the hospital where the child was born.Also read – Aadhaar-voter ID link: is your Aadhaar card still linked to the voter ID? Here’s how to check the status
It should be noted that the Aadhar card has become one of the most important documents for every Indian citizen in the digital age. Much like Aadhar cards, Baal Aadhar cards are issued to children under the age of five. According to the latest rule change, the requirements for applying are somewhat different now. Also Read – Aadhaar Map Update: Users can now change name and address in regional languages as well. Step by step guide here
Under the new rules, children under five are eligible for Baal Aadhar, and biometrics are no longer required for children under five. Also Read – Aadhaar Map Update: How Many Times Name, Address & Date Of Birth Can Be Changed On Aadhaar? Consult the UIDAI guidelines
Baal Aadhar Card: Eligibility and Document Requirements
- First, the child of the applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The child must be under the age of five at the time of registration.
- The child’s birth certificate is required for registration.
- Proof of address
- Parents’ Aadhar card number
- A passport size photo of the child.
- Phone number
- On the day of the appointment, bring the relevant documents to the registration center, including proof of identity (POI), proof of address (POA), proof of relationship (POR) and date of birth ( DOB).
- All your documents will be reviewed by an agent.
- If your child is over five years old, biometric data will be collected.
- Biometric data is not required for children under five; only demographic information and facial recognition will be needed.
Baal Aadhar card: here’s how to apply
- Visit the official UIDAI website first.
- Fill in the required details for a child under the Aadhar card registration option
- And then do the recording.