China to maintain leadership in the global softwood pulp market, surpassing US$7.2 billion by 2032
In the latest market research, Fact.MR provides a comprehensive analysis of the major factors influencing the growth of the global softwood pulp market for the next decade. The study also provides detailed insights into key trends and drivers affecting sales across multiple segments including source, type, application and regions.
NEW YORK, March 31, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Demand in the global softwood pulp market is expected to exceed $24.74 billion in 2022, growing at 7.2% CAGR between 2022 and 2032. In-depth market analysis by Fact.MR predicts that the request for softwood pulp will reach US$49.58 billion end of 2032.
The consumption of softwood pulp is expected to increase due to its increasing application in the production of paper products and dry tissue paper. In addition to this, the growing awareness of personal care and hygiene will propel the use of absorbent core products. This, in turn, will create lucrative opportunities for the market.
Subsequently, the growing demand to replace polyethylene with paper bags, especially in Indiathe United States and the United Kingdom, is likely to create an environment conducive to the growth of the softwood pulp market.
For critical information on this market, request more information at:
Additionally, rising birth rate and increasing geriatric population will enhance the adoption of absorbent core products such as baby diapers and adult diapers worldwide. This is expected to energize the market in the coming years.
In addition, the growing presence of fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) companies, such as Kao Corporation, P&G and Kimberly Clarkespecially in emerging economies such as Chinashould give favorable winds to the softwood pulp market demand.
For example, in 2020, pulp sales in China, in terms of volume, was nearly 110 Mn MT. In addition to this, with an increase production of printing paperboards and fabrics Chinathe country accounted for 50% of global pulp consumption.
Base year value (2021A)
Estimated annual value (2022E)
Projected year value (2032F)
World growth rate (2022-2032)
Key points to remember:
- It is estimated that the softwood pulp market share will account for around 35% of the global pulp market value by 2032.
- Based on type, demand for bleached softwood kraft pulp is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.2%.
- In terms of application, the dry tissue segment is expected to dominate the market with the sales of $8.08 billion during 2022-2032.
- By source, the bullet segment is expected to hold 68% market share by the end of 2032.
- China It is estimated that the softwood pulp market records a market valuation of $7.2 Bn over the forecast period.
- Rising demand for sustainable raw materials for various applications, such as printing, writing, packaging, and others, is driving the growth of the softwood pulp market.
- Growing environmental concerns over the use of plastic are fueling the demand for eco-friendly packaging solutions, thereby boosting sales of softwood pulp.
- The fluctuation in the prices of the raw materials used in the production of softwood pulp is likely to limit sales on the market.
- Preferably switch from paper-based packaging to reusable plastic containers in various industries could limit the growth of the market.
For in-depth information on Softwood Pulp Market, Methodology Demand to
According to Fact.MR, Ahlstrom-Munksjo, UPM, and Arauco North America, Inc. are identified as prominent players, estimated to account for nearly 32% of the overall market share.
The growing consumer inclination towards sustainable solutions is encouraging manufacturers to update their product line. Apart from this, key companies are also adopting various strategies such as collaborations, partnerships and acquisitions to grow their business.
- November 2021: Domtar Corporation has partnered with Kingsport to develop unbleached softwood kraft pulp. The company also developed LIGHTHOUSE® FLUFF PULP and PAPERGRADE PULP in 2022, which are used in diapers, facial tissue, packaging grades and others.
- In 2022, Canfor Corporation developed Kodiak Kraft and Polar kraft using renewable resources. The company was recognized as one of British Columbia’s Top Employers for the 7and time in 2022.
Top Companies Featured by Fact.MR
- BillerudKorsnäs AB
- Metsä fiber
- Arauco North America, Inc.
- Canfor Corp.
- Domtar Company
- Ilim Group
- Mercier International
- Port Townsend Paper Company
- Oji Paper Co.Ltd.
- Clearwater Paper Corp.
- Klabin AG
- Stora Enso Ovi.
- Nanaimo Forest Products Ltd.
- WestRock Company
- Rottneros AB
- Tembec Inc.
More Valuable Insights into the Softwood Pulp Market
Fact.MR in its report offers an in-depth analysis of the global softwood pulp market for the forecast period 2022 to 2032. This study also reveals the growth opportunities and challenges of the softwood pulp market through multiple segmentation as follows:
- Bleached softwood pulp
- Northern Bleached Softwood Kraft (NBSK)
- Southern Bleached Softwood Kraft (SBSK)
- Unbleached softwood pulp
- Semi-bleached softwood pulp
- paper production
- printing paper
- thin wrapping paper
- Tracing paper
- Oil proof paper
- paper map
- offset paper
- Absorbent core products
- Baby diapers
- Adult Diapers
- Feminine hygiene products
- Sanitary napkins
- Under the pads
- Breast pads
- Wet wipes
- Dry tissues
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia & Oceania
- Middle East & Africa
To stay “ahead” of your competitors, buy the report now!
Key questions answered in the Softwood Pulp market report
- Who are the manufacturers dominating the global softwood pulp market?
- Which region is estimated to dominate the softwood pulp market?
- What is the expected market valuation of the softwood pulp market in 2022?
- At what rate will the global softwood pulp market grow during the forecast period?
- What are the factors hindering the growth of the Global Softwood Pulp Market?
- What is the estimated market size of the Softwood Pulp Market in 2022-2032?
Discover Fact.MR’s coverage in the field of chemistry and materials
Paper pulp market Tendencies: The growing application of absorbent core products such as baby diapers, adult diapers, and feminine hygiene products is expected to fuel the growth of the market. Additionally, government feminine hygiene awareness programs are expected to create profitable opportunities for the market.
Molded Pulp Clinical Packaging Market Growth: Growing demand for environmentally friendly packaging solutions for safe handling and transportation of healthcare products will drive the market. In addition, the development of health infrastructure is the growing demand for clinical equipment and pharmaceuticals. This is expected to drive the growth of the market.
Hydrapulper Market To analyse: Rising demand for pre-packaged foods in developed countries, especially the United States, is driving the sales of hydrapulper. Additionally, increasing use of paper in government institutes, hospitals, and education sectors will further drive the market.
Market research and consulting agency that makes the difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1000 companies trust us to make their most critical decisions. We have offices in the United States and Dublinwhile our global headquarters are located in dubai. While our experienced consultants use the latest technology to extract hard-to-find information, we believe our USP is the trust clients have in our expertise. Covering a wide range – from automotive and Industry 4.0 to healthcare, chemicals and materials, our coverage is extensive, but we ensure that even the most niche categories are analyzed. Contact us with your goals and we will be a competent research partner.
Access MarketNgage: Future Market Insights’ on-demand and subscription-based platform
Enjoy flexible market research subscription now through MarketNgage, the market research subscription platform of Future Market Insights and other iconic market research powerhouses. Go beyond reports and access multi-format research with downloadable executive summaries, chapters, data books, infographics, charts, an interactive manual for data visualization, and comprehensive reports across all major industries , more than 200 sub-sectors and more than 1200 niche markets, thanks to MarketNgage.
Register for a 7 day free trial!
USA sales office
11140 Rockville pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583
E: [email protected]