Prospects are encouraged to explore career opportunities by applying online or texting “GROW” to 97211 for job alerts and virtual job fairs
LAKEWOOD, Colorado., July 14, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Natural Grocers®, the leading family-owned organic and natural grocery retailer in the United States, announces a nationwide recruiting campaign for nearly 500 positions. “Hot spot” hiring locations include cities such as Dallas, TX, Portland, OR, Denver, CO and the Kansas City Region. Natural Grocers currently employs more than 4,000 crew members across our 162 stores in 20 states. In addition to a long list of unique benefits and a welcoming culture, the company has increased salaries at all of its locations for certain positions to attract candidates to its stores across the United States.
CORPORATE CULTURE & BENEFITS
Like its dedication to its customers and community, Natural Grocers has taken care of its employees since its inception in 1955. “We offer unique perks and fun perks that attract, engage, develop and retain our wonderful workforce. We have also recently increased the salaries of our Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager and most Assistants/Department Managers.If you love helping people and have a passion for nutrition and a way of healthy living, you could be the perfect addition to our team,” says Erin DeLacyTalent Acquisition Strategist for Natural Grocers.
As part of the company’s Five Founding Principles, Natural Grocers supports its employees by offering them:
- Above average compensation: Natural Grocers pay is above federal and state minimum wage levels for all crews and includes:
- Regular (annual) salary increases for all crew members.
- No salary cap for store crew who wish to remain in their current position.
- Substantial Crew Discounts: Natural Grocers wants to make sure it’s easy for crew members to buy all the products needed to support their well-being by offering its good4uSM Crew discount storewide, with up to 30% off at select departments.
- Store credit: $1.00 in-store credit per hour called “Vitamin Bucks” promotes additional food security for the crew.
- Competitive advantages : All full-time employees are eligible for our competitive benefits package.
- Nutrition education: Crew members receive free monthly nutrition education training and other opportunities to learn and earn rewards.
- Health and wellness corners: All crews have had daily access to free immune and stress relief supplements since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Heroes in Aprons Fund: Established in 2021, this fund is a charitable entity that provides short-term financial assistance to qualified crew members or their immediate family members who are experiencing hardship.
- Birthday payment: Co-founder Marguerite Isley celebrated each crew member by taking them to lunch on their birthday. We’ve continued that tradition with Birthday Pay, which is awarded whether the crew member chooses to work or time off.
DEVELOP YOUR CAREER
Many career paths are available within Natural Grocers. The Company prioritizes the promotion of leaders within the organization and supports career development through regular training and leadership development opportunities. They believe in positioning crew members for success by providing:
- Significant virtual and in-person training each year for store team members.
- Training in customer service skills, product attributes and nutrition education.
- Four weeks of in-person operational and managerial training for new store managers and assistant store managers.
- The Store Manager Accelerated Training Program, which provides comprehensive store management training to high-potential candidates seeking promotion to a Store Manager position.
“We may have more stores than anyone could have anticipated in 1955, but 67 years later Natural Grocers is still a family business and runs itself as such. You can feel that feeling attention within our crew, our stores and our general operations,” says DeLacey. “Nothing fosters a more rewarding work environment than genuine appreciation. Providing our crew with competitive pay, benefits and growth opportunities creates an atmosphere of well-being, optimism and knowledge, all of which helps people to thrive. We invite people to apply and experience the ‘Natural Grocers Difference’ today.”
For all job enquiries, please contact [email protected]
For media inquiries, please contact Katie Macarelli / [email protected].
ABOUT NATURAL GROCERY BY VITAMIN COTTAGE
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc. (NYSE: NGVC) is an expanding specialty retailer of natural and organic groceries, body care products and dietary supplements. Products sold by Natural Grocers must meet strict quality guidelines and must not contain artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or sweeteners, or partially hydrogenated or hydrogenated oils. The company sells only USDA-certified organic products and exclusively pasture-raised, non-containment dairy and free-range eggs. Natural Grocers’ flexible small store format allows it to offer affordable prices in a friendly, clean and convenient retail environment. The company also offers extensive, free, science-based nutrition education programs to help customers make informed health and nutrition choices. The company, founded in 1955, has 162 stores in 20 states. Visit www.NaturalGrocers.com for more information and store locations.
SOURCE Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc.