JEFFERSON PARISH, LOUISIANA
August 4, 2022
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JEFFERSON PARISH AND UNITED WAY OFFER EMERGENCY MORTGAGE ASSISTANCE TO ELIGIBLE RESIDENTS IN ECONOMIC HARDSHIP
JEFFERSON, THE – The Jefferson Community Action Programs Department (JeffCAP) and United Way have collaborated to launch the JeffCAP Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program. Eligible customers can receive up to three months of mortgage assistance.
“Recently, JeffCAP received $40,000 from United Way to help residents of Jefferson Parish get mortgages,” said JeffCAP Director Christi Langoni. “We are grateful to be able to offer this program in an effort to help our residents retain their homes during economic hardship.”
To be eligible, the applicant must be a resident of Jefferson Parish experiencing economic hardship (i.e. related to COVID, natural disaster, etc.), be responsible for the mortgage, and be licensed. current/valid driver’s/Louisiana ID card for all persons in the household 18 years of age or older, Social Security cards or individual tax identification number for all persons in the household, mortgage statement showing outstanding payment and proof of residency not older than 30 days (i.e. utility bill, official mail, etc.).
See below for a list of program guidelines and restrictions:
- Mortgage assistance is limited to principal and interest only; escrow, taxes, insurance and late fees cannot be included in the payment.
- Only mortgages on principal residences are eligible; payments on second mortgages and lines of credit are not eligible. Forbearance loans and loan modification fees are also not eligible.
- Support is limited and may be available to all eligible customers on a first-come, first-served basis. Service is dependent on funding available at the time of the individual’s application.
- Clients who have received assistance through EFSP funding from United Way through other agencies are not eligible.
- Applicants may only receive one benefit per funding cycle (no exceptions).
- Applications will not be accepted by e-mail or fax. Any incomplete application will be rejected.
- Assistance is restricted and certain situations are ineligible:
- Mortgage payment over three months
- First month of new mortgage
- Escrow payments, taxes and insurance
- All fees including late fees, condo fees, homeowners association fees/dues
To apply, residents should contact Stacey Fields at 504-736-6900. Please allow 30-40 business days from date of request for processing.
For more information about Jefferson Parish, visit www.JeffParish.net. Residents can also receive regular updates by following the parish on Facebook, Twitter and instagram (@JeffParishGov) or by texting JPALERT or JPNOTICIAS to 888-777.
Jefferson Parish Public Information Office
1221 Elmwood Park Blvd, Suite 1002
Jefferson, LA 70123
JPALERT – SIGN UP TO RECEIVE EMERGENCY ALERTS
Gretchen Hirt Gendron, PIO