Aadhaar cardholders can register to have their Aadhaar details printed on a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) card through the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Aadhaar PVC card is convenient to carry as it can fit in your wallet, and it is also sturdy as it is water resistant. With high quality printing and lamination, you can use it anywhere without worrying that it will be destroyed or damaged by water. With multiple security mechanisms such as secure and unique QR code, hologram, micro text, ghost image, Aadhaar issue date and printing date, guilloche pattern and carved Aadhaar logo, The Aadhaar PVC card contains a digitally signed secure QR code with photo and demographic information of the bearer. It can be registered online at uidai.gov.in or resident.uidai.gov.in using Resident Aadhaar number, Virtual ID or Registration ID on which it will be mailed to holder’s registered address. The best part of applying for an Aadhaar PVC card is that residents who do not have a registered mobile number can use an unregistered or alternative mobile number to place a new application request and the process is described below.
You can use any mobile phone number to receive #OTP for #authenticationregardless of the mobile number registered with your #Aadhaar. So, a single person can order PVC Aadhaar cards for the whole family online.
follow the link https://t.co/G06YuJBrp1 to order now. pic.twitter.com/uwELWteYOT
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) January 27, 2022
Steps to Get Aadhaar PVC Card for Your Family Using Any Mobile Number
According to a recent UIDAI update, “You can use any mobile number to receive #OTP for #authentication, regardless of the phone number registered with your #Aadhaar. Thus, a person can order PVC Aadhaar cards online for the whole family.” This implies that if you have not linked your mobile number to Aadhaar and wish to order an Aadhaar PVC card using a different mobile number, you can do so by visiting the UIDAI portal from the comfort of your home .
- Visit https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/genricPVC and enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number / 28 digit registration ID.
- Enter the captcha code and select the option “My mobile number is not registered”.
- Now enter the alternative mobile number you want to use and click “Send OTP”.
- Now accept the terms and conditions and click ‘Submit’.
- Check the OTP received on your entered mobile number and click “Make payment”.
- Now charge Rs 50 using the payment method (debit/credit card, net banking, UPI) on the payment gateway.
- After a successful payment, a receipt with a digital signature will be generated in PDF format which can be downloaded at your convenience.
- Aadhaar PVC Card will be delivered via India Post Speed Post service as per Department of Post delivery regulations to their address registered in Aadhaar database.
How to check the status?
After successfully applying for PVC Aadhaar Card, a resident can check the status of the same to know the shipping status.
- Visit https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar and click on ‘Login’.
- Enter your valid Aadhaar number and then enter the captcha code.
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number and verify it.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘Services’ page under which you can check the status of your recent requests in the ‘Request’ section.
- By clicking on the “down” icon, you can control and check the status of your request.
For investment-related articles, business news and mutual fund tips
Article first published: Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 11:42 a.m. [IST]