Germany is one of those countries that can give you a visa before you receive a job offer. Find out how you can apply for a German job seeker visa.
Germany has become one of the most popular study destinations. It has an employment rate of 91% upon graduation, which is well above the European average. Germany suffers from a shortage of skilled labor in many sectors, prompting the government to try to find other solutions to fill the labor shortage, which includes hiring foreigners.
Eligibility for a jobseeker’s visa in Germany:
- A person applying for a visa must hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a German university or a foreign equivalent of the same
- A person must have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in the related field
- A person applying must have the minimum funds required for their 6 month stay in Germany before applying
- Processing of travel or medical insurance for your entire stay in the country is also a requirement
Total cost and visa processing time:
The total cost of the visa can be up to around 6200 INR and the total processing time for a German job seeker visa is usually 4-6 weeks.
The German visa document checklist:
- Proof of financial resources
- Proof of health insurance for the duration of the stay
- Proof of accommodation
- Academic qualification documents
- Update CV
- Cover letter
- 3 passport photos
- A copy of the passport data page
- Valid passport
- Completed German Job Seeker Visa Application Form
Once a person gets a job in Germany with a job seeker visa, he or she has to apply for a residence permit for the job.
The employment residence permit can be obtained in two ways:
Apply for a residence permit for employment:
Most of this permit will be sponsored by the employer. After 5 years, you can apply for a permanent residence permit.
Apply for a European Blue Card:
To obtain a European Blue Card, you must have a job offer of 44,800 euros per year of salary or at least 34,994 euros.
The permanent residence permit can be applied for directly in 33 months on the European blue card. If the person applying has German skills, the same can be applied in 21 months.
READ Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Death Anniversary: ââDate, Quotes & Everything You Need To Know
READ Kolkata FF Fatafat result today December 15th, check Fatafat result online
Click here for IndiaToday.in’s full coverage of the coronavirus pandemic.