Do you like playing the Sharjah Masters?
Under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Mohammad Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme and Sovereign Council of Sharjah – UAE, the Sharjah Cultural & Chess Club (SCCC) is pleased to invite you to participate in the 4th Sharjah Masters 2021, which will be held in the premises of the Club, from September 16 (Arrival) to September 26 (Departure).
Participation & Registration
- The event will take place as an invitational tournament, with (maximum) 80 standard FIDE ranking players of 2300 and above, from the September 2021 FIDE ranking list (standard).
- Of these 80 players, the 60 will be selected by mid-August 2021 (after relative application) and the other 20 will receive a Wild Card participation authorization.
- The best rated player by federation will be invited to participate, after application. Priority will be given to the highest (non-standard) titles and odds. Exceptions may be granted to Wild Cards.
- All participating players and accompanying persons are required to fully comply with the rules and regulations of the tournament, the organizing committee and the United Arab Emirates.
- All participants in the event must present a vaccination certificate (pre-sent by e-mail). The approved and accepted vaccines from the United Arab Emirates are Sinopharm, Pfizer-BioNTech, Sputnik-V, Moderna and Oxford-AstraZeneca.
- The FIDE name and the FIDE-ID must be mentioned in all communications or bank transfers.
- Any request to participate must be pre-approved. The organizing committee reserves the right to accept or reject the candidacy of any participant in accordance with the rules and regulations of FIDE, the laws and health reasons of the United Arab Emirates or, finally, in case of force majeure.
- All entries will close on August 15 (12 p.m. UAE time) and only one online entry is accepted via the official tournament email address: [email protected]
- The tournament will be run as a Swiss-type 9-round system, with standard time control totaling ninety (90) minutes and thirty (30) seconds per move from move one. (1), for each player.
- The time limit will be thirty (30) minutes.
- The tournament will be ranked FIDE (Standard FIDE Ranking List – FRL).
The game room will be on the premises of the Sharjah Cultural & Chess Club [click to enlarge].
- The registration fees will be as follows, according to the title and the FIDE classification (Standard FIDE-FRL) of September 2021:
- GM and WGM: $ 0.
- Odds 2600 and above: $ 0.
- Rank 2500-2600: $ 150.
- Odds 2400-2500: 200 USD.
- Odds 2300-2400: 250 USD.
The organizing committee, taking into account the FIDE standard scoring list of September 2021 and the prior request and approval, will provide:
- GMs rated 2700+: Accommodation in a single room with full board.
- GM rated 2650+: Accommodation in shared double room with full board.
United Arab Emirates Visa
- A UAE entry visa can be obtained on request (request), before August 30.
- A digital passport copy (JPEG – scanned and colored) and a facial photo (JPEG – scanned and colored) should be sent to the event email address: [email protected]
- The entry visa for invited players is free.
- Coaches and accompanying persons: USD 100.
- All visa fees for coaches and accompanying persons must be paid in advance (net – bank charges to the sender of the settlement) to the SCCC bank account.
- UAE entry visas will be issued to eligible participants, coaches and accompanying persons and will be valid for thirty (30) days from the date of arrival.
- All visa applications are subject to approval by the United Arab Emirates General Directorate of Residence and Foreign Affairs.
- All visa application fees are non-refundable.
- Please check Visa requirements here.
The tournament will be played according to the following schedule (UAE Timing – GMT +4):
Dress code and prohibited items
- All participants are required to follow the dress code of business casual or elegant, no shorts, slippers, etc.
- Any electronic equipment (computers, cameras, cell phones, tablets, watches, pencils, etc.) is strictly prohibited in the game room, in accordance with the FIDE manual.
- All invited participants will stay at the official tournament hotel. The other players, coaches and accompanying persons will have the free choice of their accommodation.
- The 3 * Centro Rotana Sharjah hotel (https://ww-w.rotana.com/centrohotels/unitedarabemirates/shar-jah/centrosharjah – Al Dhaid Road, E88 – Sharjah -UAE – Phone 00971-06-5088000), will be the official tournament hotel.
The tournament accommodation offer is as follows:
- Single room 110 USD / night, full board.
- Double room 160 USD / night, full board.
- Transport will only be provided if accommodation is booked through the organizing committee:
- To and from the SCCC premises to the official hotel (daily).
- From and to Dubai (terminals 1-2-3) or Sharjah airports to the official hotel.
- Guest referees are also entitled to the above privileges.
- All payments must be made to the CCS bank account (net of bank charges).
- Website: www.shjchessmasters.com.
- Email: [email protected]
- Tournament Director IM Omar Noaman Al Ali.
- General coordinator Mr. Rajai Al Susi.
- Deputy Coordinator GM / FST / IA / IO Efstratios Grivas –
WhatsApp 00306936888163 – Mobile 00971551880025.
All information available from https://sharjahmasters.com/
Best players currently registered
Complete list of participants to Chess-Results