MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) – The Milwaukee Public School District is offering a vaccine incentive for students ages 5 to 11. Eligible students vaccinated before January 14 can receive a $ 100 reward card.
Earlier this year, MPS ran a similar incentive program for older students.
Registrations for the youngest students are due before January 31st.
Only Pfizer’s low-dose vaccine is approved for use in children in this age group.
The incentive will be a $ 100 reward card mailed to each student at the address listed in Infinite Campus / Parent Portal. Proof of vaccination will be determined by the information listed in the Wisconsin Immunization Registry (WIR).
Who is eligible for the $ 100 vaccine incentive?
To be eligible, students must:
- Be between 5 and 11 years old
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 14, 2022
- Complete the online application before January 31, 2022
- Attend any MPS school including any MPS charter school or partner school
- Note that children aged 5 to 11 are ONLY eligible for the Pfizer vaccine, which requires two doses at least 21 days apart.
How do families apply for the incentive?
To apply for the student incentive, a family member can access the online application HERE. You will need your student’s MPS login information, which is Student ID (7-digit number) and Password. More information can be found in the app. The request must be sent before 23:59 on January 31, 2022. The request can be completed by smartphone.
What does the app include?
- Check that the student’s contact information is correct. If the contact information is not correct, please complete the request and then contact your child’s school to update your information by January 31, 2022.
- Give MPS your consent to check your child’s COVID-19 immunization status through the Wisconsin Immunization Registry (WIR).
- Give your consent to MPS to share your contact information with a third party partner organization to issue the incentive.
For more information, CLICK HERE.